The Telecommunications sector section comprises industries and establishments primarily engaged in operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, and video between network termination points and telecommunications reselling. Transmission facilities may be based on a single technology or a combination of technologies. This section also contains industry information, support services, as well as sites for equipment suppliers and manufacturers. Sites generally not listed in this section include: Scientific, technical, and research oriented sites are listed under Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering: Communications. Telecommunications Business.
Early means of communicating over a distance included visual signals, such as beacons, smoke signals, semaphore telegraphs, signal flags, and optical heliographs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Telecommunication is the transmission of signs, signals, messages, words, writings, images and sounds or information of any nature by wire, radio, optical or other electromagnetic systems. Telecommunication occurs when the exchange of information between communication participants includes the use of technology. It is transmitted either electrically over physical media, such as cables, or via electromagnetic radiation. Such transmission paths are often divided into communication channels which afford the advantages of multiplexing. Since the Latin term communicatio is considered the social process of information exchange, the term telecommunications is often used in its plural form because it involves many different technologies.
- ITU Radio Regulations
- Economics of transport and utility industries
- Media technology
- History of telecommunications
- History of radio
- History of television
- NARUC National Association of Regulatory Commissioners (NARUC) www
NARUC is an association comprised of the Commissioners from utility regulatory bodies in each state (i. Association of Regulatory Commissioners (NARUC).e., Public Service Commissions (PSC), Public Utilities Commissions (PUC) National Association of Regulatory Commissioners (NARUC).
- Government/industry National Coordinating Center for Telecommunications www
Government/industry center that provides emergency response capabilities for the US government and the telecommunications industry. National Coordinating Center for Telecommunications.
- Provides Datapoint www
Provides call center management services. Datapoint.
- Web-hosted Contactual www
Web-hosted applications service provider of customer contact center solutions with integrated interface for all channels of customer contact such as phone, Contactual, email and web chat. Contactual.
- Local Verizon Corporation www
Local Exchange Carrier (LEC). Corporation. Offers long distance, data, and Internet services as well. Verizon Corporation.
- French France Telecom www
French voice, Telecom, data, and Internet company. In English and French. France Telecom.
- A Colocation Hosting www
A source for information on set up of Internet bandwidth and server hosting services for dedicated and web hosting servers at an Internet data center service provider. Colocation Hosting.
- Forum Data Center Talk www
Forum board dedicated to topics regarding colocation and datacenter information. Data Center Talk.
- Annual Telecommunications Policy Research Conference www
Annual forum for policy makers and academic researchers interested in telecom issues. Policy Research Conference. Offers reading room, current conference details, and archives. Telecommunications Policy Research Conference.
- Annual Mobile World Congress www
Annual European event coordinated by the GSMA. Mobile World Congress.
- Special Sound & Signal Systems of NM, Inc. www
Special systems contractor company, & Signal Systems of NM, Inc., Fire alarm, Data systems, Audio, Video, Nurse call, Intercom, Access control, CCTV and Security. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sound & Signal Systems of NM, Inc..
- Offer DAP-COM www
Offer contract broadcast transmitter engineering including STL - TSL and transmitter maintenance for all classes of FM and LPTV . DAP-COM. Includes a listing of related links . DAP-COM.
- Alexa: Telecommunications Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Telecommunications Business
- DMOZ: Telecommunications Business
dmoz.org Directory: Telecommunications Business