The Telecommunications sector section comprises industries and establishments primarily engaged in operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, and video between network termination points and telecommunications reselling. Transmission facilities may be based on a single technology or a combination of technologies. This section also contains industry information, support services, as well as sites for equipment suppliers and manufacturers. Sites generally not listed in this section include: Scientific, technical, and research oriented sites are listed under Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering: Communications. Telecommunications Business.
Early means of communicating over a distance included visual signals, such as beacons, smoke signals, semaphore telegraphs, signal flags, and optical heliographs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Telecommunication is the transmission of signs, signals, messages, words, writings, images and sounds or information of any nature by wire, radio, optical or other electromagnetic systems. Telecommunication occurs when the exchange of information between communication participants includes the use of technology. It is transmitted either electrically over physical media, such as cables, or via electromagnetic radiation. Such transmission paths are often divided into communication channels which afford the advantages of multiplexing. Since the Latin term communicatio is considered the social process of information exchange, the term, telecommunications, is often used in its plural form because it involves many different technologies.
- ITU Radio Regulations
- Economics of transport and utility industries
- Media technology
- History of telecommunications
- History of radio
- History of television
- Professional National Association of Telecommunication Officers and Administrators - NATOA www
Professional association of municipal, Association of Telecommunication Officers and Administrators - NATOA, state, county, and federal telecommunication officers and administrators. National Association of Telecommunication Officers and Administrators - NATOA.
- A Avema Global Alliance www
A global network of specialized telecom consulting and service firms providing support to multinational corporations. Global Alliance. Focus is on helping companies manage and reduce telecom costs. Avema Global Alliance.
- Information call-centres.com www
Information site for the global call centre industry. call-centres.com.
- A Adeptel www
A multi-service telecommunications bureau offering long distance or 800/900 business services. Adeptel.
- German Deutsche Telekom www
German telecommunications conglomerate that owns or operates services across Europe under the T-Mobile brand. Deutsche Telekom.
- Holding Jazztel p.l.c. www
Holding company with subsidiary which provides telecommunications and data services. p.l.c.. (Nasdaq: JAZZ). Jazztel p.l.c..
- Forum Data Center Talk www
Forum board dedicated to topics regarding colocation and datacenter information. Data Center Talk.
- A Colocation Hosting www
A source for information on set up of Internet bandwidth and server hosting services for dedicated and web hosting servers at an Internet data center service provider. Colocation Hosting.
- Annual Mobile World Congress www
Annual European event coordinated by the GSMA. Mobile World Congress.
- Annual Telecommunications Policy Research Conference www
Annual forum for policy makers and academic researchers interested in telecom issues. Policy Research Conference. Offers reading room, current conference details, and archives. Telecommunications Policy Research Conference.
- Distributor Teltek Sales, Inc. www
Distributor for outside and inside plant needs. Teltek Sales, Inc..
- Voice, Parker-Europe www
Voice, Parker-Europe, data, networking and internet consultants. Details of services, technologies and enquiry form. Parker-Europe.
- Alexa: Telecommunications Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Telecommunications Business
- DMOZ: Telecommunications Business
dmoz.org Directory: Telecommunications Business