The Telecommunications sector section comprises industries and establishments primarily engaged in operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, and video between network termination points and telecommunications reselling. Transmission facilities may be based on a single technology or a combination of technologies. This section also contains industry information, support services, as well as sites for equipment suppliers and manufacturers. Sites generally not listed in this section include: Scientific, technical, and research oriented sites are listed under Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering: Communications. Telecommunications Business.
Early means of communicating over a distance included visual signals, such as beacons, smoke signals, semaphore telegraphs, signal flags, and optical heliographs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Telecommunication is the transmission of signs, signals, messages, words, writings, images and sounds or information of any nature by wire, radio, optical or other electromagnetic systems. Telecommunication occurs when the exchange of information between communication participants includes the use of technology. It is transmitted either electrically over physical media, such as cables, or via electromagnetic radiation. Such transmission paths are often divided into communication channels which afford the advantages of multiplexing. Since the Latin term communicatio is considered the social process of information exchange, the term telecommunications is often used in its plural form because it involves many different technologies.
- ITU Radio Regulations
- Economics of transport and utility industries
- Media technology
- History of telecommunications
- History of radio
- History of television
- The International Inbound Services Forum www
The homepage of the International Inbound Telecommunications Services for carriers providing international freephone (toll free)services, Inbound Services Forum, Home Country Direct services and other inbound services internationally. International Inbound Services Forum.
- The OPASTCO.org www
The Organization for the Promotion and Advancement of Small Telecommunication Companies OPASTCO.org.
- Information call-centres.com www
Information site for the global call centre industry. call-centres.com.
- Contact Ulysses Learning www
Contact center simulation-based training program for customer service, Learning, sales and coaching. Ulysses Learning.
- Global Cable and Wireless www
Global supplier of internet, and Wireless, data and voice solutions to business customers. Products, services, awards, and network details provided. Cable and Wireless.
- Local Verizon Corporation www
Local Exchange Carrier (LEC). Corporation. Offers long distance, data, and Internet services as well. Verizon Corporation.
- A Colocation Hosting www
A source for information on set up of Internet bandwidth and server hosting services for dedicated and web hosting servers at an Internet data center service provider. Colocation Hosting.
- Forum Data Center Talk www
Forum board dedicated to topics regarding colocation and datacenter information. Data Center Talk.
- Annual Telecommunications Policy Research Conference www
Annual forum for policy makers and academic researchers interested in telecom issues. Policy Research Conference. Offers reading room, current conference details, and archives. Telecommunications Policy Research Conference.
- Annual Mobile World Congress www
Annual European event coordinated by the GSMA. Mobile World Congress.
- Providing Accord Communication www
Providing services in setup of OFC Networks (Optical Fiber Cables), Communication, engineering and contracting, trenching, laying, ducting and turnkey installations of CDMA towers. Accord Communication.
- Data, Cable Care Communications www
Data, Care Communications, voice, and fiber cabling installation and testing. Cable Care Communications.
- Alexa: Telecommunications Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Telecommunications Business
- DMOZ: Telecommunications Business
dmoz.org Directory: Telecommunications Business