The Small Business section is a resource-based section aimed at owners and operators of small businesses. It contains sites about small businesses, small business operations, advice for starting a small business, and other resources. Sites generally not listed in this section include: Sites for individual small businesses are not listed here. Most will be listed geographically by the city or town where they are located. Those which offer online sales to a non-local audience may qualify for a listing in the Shopping branch. Small Business Business.
Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. Businesses are defined as "small" in terms of being able to apply for government support and qualify for preferential tax policy varies depending on the country and industry. Small businesses range from fifteen employees under the Australian Fair Work Act 2009, fifty employees according to the definition used by the European Union, and fewer than five thousand employees, to qualify for many U.S. Small Business Administration programs. While small businesses can also be classified according to other methods, such as annual revenues, shipments, sales, assets, or by annual gross or net revenue or net profits, the number of employees is one of the most widely used measures.
- Small business Category
- American Independent Business Alliance - The American Independent Business Alliance is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of local independent businesses, helps communities develop strong local economies through nurturing local entrepreneurs, and promotes citizen engagement in local economic development.
- Big business - Big businesses or large businesses are businesses involving in large-scale corporate-controlled financial or business activities. Large businesses can be seen as megacorporations/conglomerates or multinational corporations.
- Distributism - Distributism is an economic ideology that developed in Europe in the late 19th and early 20th century based upon the principles of Catholic social teaching, especially the teachings of Pope Leo XIII in his encyclical Rerum novarum and Pope Pius XI in Quadragesimo anno.
- Federation of Small Businesses - The Federation of Small Businesses is a UK business organisation representing small and medium-sized businesses. It was formed in 1974 as the National Federation of Self Employed. The current name for the organisation was adopted in 1991.
- Home business - A home business is a small business that operates from the business owner's home office. In addition to location, home businesses are usually defined by having a very small number of employees, usually all immediate family of the business owner, in which case it is also a family business.
- Independent telephone company - An independent telephone company was a telephone company providing local service in the United States or Canada that was not part of the Bell System organized by American Telephone and Telegraph. Independent telephone companies usually operated in many rural or sparsely populated areas.
- Business occupations
- Management occupations
- Business models
- Provides National Association of Homebased Businesses www
Provides home business services, Association of Homebased Businesses, ranging from joint marketing to a consultant who will diagnose flaws in a marketing plan and explain how to correct them. National Association of Homebased Businesses.
- A SCORE Association www
A nonprofit association dedicated to encouraging the formation, Association, growth, and success of small business nationwide through counseling and mentor programs. SCORE Association.
- A Bplans.com www
A resource for starting a business that offers how-to articles, Bplans.com, expert advice, tools/calculators, and business plan software. Bplans.com.
- An Business Plan Archive www
An archive of business plans from both successful and unsuccessful businesses. Business Plan Archive.
- Management Essential Business Solutions www
Management consulting organization with a focus and expertise directed to small- and medium-sized enterprises. Business Solutions. Australia. Essential Business Solutions.
- Helps Doug Williams and Associates www
Helps small business owners grow their businesses. Williams and Associates. Works with companies from startup to 150 employees and up to $20 million in sales. Woodland, WA. Doug Williams and Associates.
- A NOVA Plaza Business Library www
A library to help small and home based businesses find free resources, Plaza Business Library, forms, templates, advice, and software. NOVA Plaza Business Library.
- A Virtually Free www
A small business marketing directory offering manually selected links to free advertising and educational resources for small businesses. Virtually Free.
- Small First Tennessee www
Small business ideas, Tennessee, financial resources, industry news, marketing tips, business networking and opportunities in Tennessee, US. First Tennessee.
- Magazine Inc.com www
Magazine focused on business resources for the entrepreneur. Inc.com.
- Provides CIT Group www
Provides SBA guaranteed loan products. CIT Group.
- Provides Broker Services Network www
Provides business, Services Network, loan and leasing brokerage services. Broker Services Network.
- Alexa: Small Business Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Small Business Business
- DMOZ: Small Business Business
dmoz.org Directory: Small Business Business