The Small Business section is a resource-based section aimed at owners and operators of small businesses. It contains sites about small businesses, small business operations, advice for starting a small business, and other resources. Sites generally not listed in this section include: Sites for individual small businesses are not listed here. Most will be listed geographically by the city or town where they are located. Those which offer online sales to a non-local audience may qualify for a listing in the Shopping branch. Small Business Business.
Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. Businesses are defined as "small" in terms of being able to apply for government support and qualify for preferential tax policy varies depending on the country and industry. Small businesses range from fifteen employees under the Australian Fair Work Act 2009, fifty employees according to the definition used by the European Union, and fewer than five thousand employees, to qualify for many U.S. Small Business Administration programs. While small businesses can also be classified according to other methods, such as annual revenues, shipments, sales, assets, or by annual gross or net revenue or net profits, the number of employees is one of the most widely used measures.
- Small business Category
- American Independent Business Alliance - The American Independent Business Alliance is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of local independent businesses, helps communities develop strong local economies through nurturing local entrepreneurs, and promotes citizen engagement in local economic development.
- Big business - Big business involves large-scale corporate-controlled financial or business activities. As a term, it describes activities that run from "huge transactions" to the more general "doing big things".
- Distributism - Distributism is an economic ideology that developed in Europe in the late 19th and early 20th century based upon the principles of Catholic social teaching, especially the teachings of Pope Leo XIII in his encyclical Rerum novarum and Pope Pius XI in Quadragesimo anno.
- Federation of Small Businesses - The Federation of Small Businesses is a UK business organisation representing small and medium-sized businesses. It was formed in 1974 as the National Federation of Self Employed. The current name for the organisation was adopted in 1991.
- Home business - A home business is a small business that operates from the business owner's home office. In addition to location, home businesses are usually defined by having a very small number of employees, usually all immediate family of the business owner, in which case it is also a family business.
- Independent telephone company - An independent telephone company was a telephone company providing local service in the United States or Canada that was not part of the Bell System organized by American Telephone and Telegraph. Independent telephone companies usually operated in many rural or sparsely populated areas.
- Business occupations
- Management occupations
- Business models
- A SCORE Association www
A nonprofit association dedicated to encouraging the formation, Association, growth, and success of small business nationwide through counseling and mentor programs. SCORE Association.
- Bard Levy Economics Institute of Bard College www
Bard College's nonpartisan, Economics Institute of Bard College, independently funded research organization devoted to public service vis a vis economics. Scholarship and economic forecasting yield useful ideas, directions and information for small businesses. Levy Economics Institute of Bard College.
- Full-length SoYouWanna.com - Write a Business Plan www
Full-length article giving step-by-step instructions on how to write a business plan. SoYouWanna.com - Write a Business Plan.
- An Business Plan Archive www
An archive of business plans from both successful and unsuccessful businesses. Business Plan Archive.
- Coaching Coggins Sales and Marketing, Inc. www
Coaching small businesses in marketing, Sales and Marketing, Inc., customer service and sales. Raleigh, NC. Coggins Sales and Marketing, Inc..
- Provides Guaranteed Results Group www
Provides individual coaching, Results Group, mentoring and training to small organizations. Martha's Vineyard, MA. Guaranteed Results Group.
- A Bizassist Online www
A searchable directory of business opportunities, Online, events, forums, news, publications and other resources. Bizassist Online.
- Universal UBIRC www
Universal business information resource centre. UBIRC.
- Small Intuit, Inc. www
Small business resources and tools to help start, Inc., run and grow a business. Intuit, Inc..
- Canadian GoForth Institute www
Canadian online small business module based training program delivered over the web by streaming video. Institute. Paid service. GoForth Institute.
- Arranges HLC Financial Services, Inc. www
Arranges cash flow solutions, Financial Services, Inc., business loans, and healthcare financing. HLC Financial Services, Inc..
- Offers Wes-State Mortgage Inc www
Offers home based business training for commercial loan brokering, Mortgage Inc, residential mortgage brokers, real estate investment, cash flows, credit consulting, and internet marketing. Wes-State Mortgage Inc.
- Alexa: Small Business Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Small Business Business
- DMOZ: Small Business Business
dmoz.org Directory: Small Business Business