Self-Publishing Publishing Publishing and Printing Business.
- Wikipedia: Self-publishing is the publication of any book, album or other media by its author without the involvement of an established publisher. Unlike the traditional publishing model in which control of the publication is shared with a publisher, the author controls the entire process in a self-publishing effort including the design of the cover and the interior, price, distribution, marketing, and public relations. The authors can do all of these activities by themselves or they may outsource these tasks. Self-publishing is not limited to physical books, but includes pamphlets and brochures, as well as digital media such as e-books and websites. In traditional publishing, the publisher bears the costs, such as editing, marketing, and paying advances, and reaps a substantial share of the profits; in contrast, in self-publishing, the author bears all of these costs but earns a higher share of the profits.
- Self-publishing Category
- Alternative media - Alternative media are media that differ from established or dominant types of media in terms of their content, production, or distribution. Alternative media take many forms including print, audio, video, Internet and street art.
- D?jin - D?jin, often romanized as doujin, is a general Japanese term for a group of people or friends who share an interest, activity, hobbies, or achievement. The word is sometimes translated into English as clique, fandom, coterie, society, or circle.
- Independent music - Independent music is music produced independently from major commercial record labels or their subsidiaries, a process that may include an autonomous, do-it-yourself approach to recording and publishing.
- Samizdat - Samizdat was a form of dissident activity across the Soviet bloc in which individuals reproduced censored and underground publications by hand and passed the documents from reader to reader.
- Self Publish, Be Happy - Self Publish, Be Happy is an organisation founded by Bruno Ceschel in 2010 that aims to help aspiring photographers to self-publish their own books. It does so through workshops, talks, exhibitions, live events, on/offline projects and publicising of books.
- Small press - A small press is a publisher with annual sales below a certain level. Commonly, in the United States, this is set at $50 million, after returns and discounts.
- Resources Annie M's Self Publishing Web Ring www
Resources for the self-publisher. M's Self Publishing Web Ring. Book design, editorial services, printers, publicity, book reviewers and fulfillment services. Annie M's Self Publishing Web Ring.
- Self Wasteland Press www
Self publish service offering paperbacks, Press, hardbacks, and leather bound options. Wasteland Press.
- A Tandem Press www
A full range of services for the independent and selfpublisher including book design, Press, typesetting, printing, binding, storage and fulfillment. Tandem Press.
- Produces Adams Press www
Produces professionally printed books for authors, Press, poets, educators, professionals, clergy, and others who choose to publish their own work. Services and examples. Adams Press.
- Provides Volumes Publishing www
Provides self-publishing and book selling services. Volumes Publishing.
- Australian Page People www
Australian company providing assistance to self publishers. People. Includes a complete graphic design service. Specializes in technical and scientific subjects. Page People.
- Provides Aeonix Publishing Group www
Provides resources and information for the independent publisher. Publishing Group. Includes detailed descriptions of the various self publishing options available. Aeonix Publishing Group.
- Literary Phenix and Phenix, Inc. www
Literary publicists based in Austin, and Phenix, Inc., Texas. Offer help with media relations, setting up interviews and scheduling book tours. Phenix and Phenix, Inc..
- Offers TrueFire.com www
Offers self publishing opportunities for authors of literature, TrueFire.com, art, reference materials, original music, and guitar instruction. TrueFire.com.
- Offers iUniverse, Inc. www
Offers editorial, Inc., publishing and marketing services for self-published authors. iUniverse, Inc..
- Resource Word Association Self Publishing www
Resource for self publishing writers who need editing, Association Self Publishing, production, or marketing services. Word Association Self Publishing.
- Self-publishing The Grace Publishing Group www
Self-publishing business of Marshall R. Grace Publishing Group. Chamberlain. Site offers: self-publishing classes, and workshops for libraries and writing organizations, and consulting services for writers. The Grace Publishing Group.
- Prepares Seaview Press www
Prepares and produces books in Australia for self-publishers in Australia and around the world. Seaview Press.
- Offers Robbie Dean Press www
Offers publishing packages and plans for authors who wish to self publish and authors who seek to have RDP as their publisher. Robbie Dean Press.
- Provides New Writer's Market www
Provides writers, Writer's Market, and those offering services to writers, with a platform to sell and market their work or services to readers, literary agents, book publishers, magazine editors, and TV/Movie directors and producers. New Writer's Market.
- Offers Babcock Publishing www
Offers a low cost publishing plan for new authors, Publishing, at 40-50% below subsidy publishers. All books published are sold at Barnes and Noble. Babcock Publishing.
- Book Universal Publishers www
Book publishers of nonfiction, Publishers, including academic, textbooks, science, technology, business, legal, history, and medical. Universal Publishers.
- Canadian Trafford Publishing www
Canadian on-demand book publisher allows authors to have their manuscripts published in book form and available worldwide in a matter of weeks. Trafford Publishing.
- Ivy Ivy House Publishing Group www
Ivy House Publications works closely with authors throughout the entire publishing process to make the publishing experience successful and enjoyable. Ivy House Publishing Group.
- Provides JMT Publications www
Provides on-demand and short run printing for self-publishing authors. JMT Publications.
- Publishes Virtualbookworm.com Publishing www
Publishes books in both print and electronic formats. Virtualbookworm.com Publishing.
- Electronic Alexander Street Press www
Electronic publisher specializing in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Alexander Street Press.
- Alexa: Self-Publishing Publishing
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Self-Publishing Publishing
- DMOZ: Self-Publishing Publishing
dmoz.org Directory: Self-Publishing Publishing