This is a directory of sites that are related to academic scholarships in Management Information System (MIS). According to G. Davis and M. Olson in Management Information Systems (1984, p. 5-6): There is no consensus of the definition of the term "management information system". Some writers prefer alternative terminology such as "information processing system", "information and decision system", "organizational information system", or simply "information system" to refer to the computer-based information processing system which supports the operations, management, and decision-making functions of an organization [...]. A definition of a management information system, as the term is generally understood, is an integrated, user-machine system for providing information to support operations, management, and decision-making functions in an organization. Management Information Systems Management Science Management Business.
A management information system ( MIS ) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Management information system or management information systems refers to the complementary networks of hardware and software cooperating to collect, process, store, and disseminate information in order to support the managerial role of leveraging information technology to increase business value and profits. Management Information Systems can be used in that context for decision making, coordination, control, analysis, and visualization. MIS is a subset of Information Systems with its own numerous and increasingly specific subsets.
- Enterprise information system - An enterprise information system is any kind of information system which improves the functions of enterprise business processes by integration.
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems - The Bachelor of Computer Information Systems is an undergraduate or bachelor's degree that focuses on practical applications of technology to support organizations while adding value to their offerings.
- Business intelligence - Business intelligence comprises the strategies and technologies used by enterprises for the data analysis of business information. BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations.
- Business performance management - Business performance management is a set of performance management and analytic processes that enables the management of an organization's performance to achieve one or more pre-selected goals.
- Business rule - A business rule is a rule that defines or constrains some aspect of business and always resolves to either true or false. Business rules are intended to assert business structure or to control or influence the behavior of the business.
- Corporate governance of information technology - Information and technology governance is a subset discipline of corporate governance, focused on information and technology and its performance and risk management.
- School-administration software
- Decision support systems
- Management systems
- Information systems
- Business software
- itQMS IT Quality Management Solutions www
itQMS provides solutions to help IT organization improve its processes, Quality Management Solutions, minimize system disturbances, reduce over-capacity and the total cost of ownership, while increasing overall availability and improving user and customer satisfaction. IT Quality Management Solutions.
- A IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association www
A not-for-profit, Information Resources Management Association, vendor-independent, international professional organization dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information resources management in modern organizations. IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association.
- Enterprise Auldenfire Group www
Enterprise Systems Architecture Laboratory providing resources to organizations interested in applying architectural frameworks. Group. Services offered include consulting, education, and curriculum development. Auldenfire Group.
- A The bitter Network Administrator www
A website dedicated to IT Professional and some not so Professional. The bitter Network Administrator.
- Helping CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business www
Helping executives improve their management of Information Technology. CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business.
- The SIM -- The Society for Information Management www
The international meeting place for IT executives around the world. SIM -- The Society for Information Management.
- Dominance, Extended DISC www
Dominance, DISC, influence, submissive and compliance profiling tool for personnel management. Extended DISC.
- a IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing www
a non-governmental, International Federation for Information Processing, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing.
- Maintained 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey www
Maintained by Dennis Galletta. 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey.
- Website Information Management Research www
Website contains great information to enlighten users about various topics on Information Management in general and MIS in particular. Information Management Research.
- draws 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey www
draws on data collected throughout the year by internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses in Southern California as well as throughout the United States and Canada. 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey.
- The Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS) www
The Midwest Association for Information (MWAIS) serves Association for Information Systems (AIS) members across the Midwest United States. Association for Information Systems (MWAIS). MWAIS serves the needs of Information Technology thought leaders in the U.S. Heartland. Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS).
- Forms Business Forms Management Association www
Forms central for the global forms and information systems community Business Forms Management Association.
- is AIS -- Association for Information Systems www
is a professional organization whose purpose is to serve as the premier global organization for academicians specializing in Information Systems. AIS -- Association for Information Systems.
- The The Index of Information Systems Journals www
The aim of this publication is to provide basic information about, Index of Information Systems Journals, and links to, either paper or electronic journal web sites, and more particularly, to provide links to their instructions to authors information The Index of Information Systems Journals.
- Below Object Technology Curriculum Issues www
Below are responses received with regard to the four original questions of the survey on current status and future directions of OO curricula in schools of business. Technology Curriculum Issues. By Dr. Richard A. Johnson. Object Technology Curriculum Issues.
- Visible Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies www
Visible Systems Australia are management consultants who can deliver on business requirements analysis and rapid deployment of Enterprise Architecture using proven methods and technologies. Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies.
- Operations Interneer www
Operations management enterprise software focused on the utilities and engineering industries. Interneer. Demos, brochures, events, and product information. Interneer.
- Research The Journal of Virtual Environments www
Research articles, Journal of Virtual Environments, essays and comments about Virtual Environments. The Journal of Virtual Environments.
- Discusses Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers www
Discusses models of the impact of Information Systems on the work of managers. Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers. Links to case study material from eight companies. Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers.
- The International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems www
The International Journal of Electronics, Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems, Information and Systems (IJEIS) is an academic journal that adheres to the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars from anywhere in the world. International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems.
- Call IJCSIS: Computer Science and Information Security www
Call for Papers: A leading international journals for publishing novel ideas, Computer Science and Information Security, state-of-the-art research results and fundamental advances in all aspects of computer science and information & communication security. IJCSIS: Computer Science and Information Security.
- The e-society www
The IADIS e-Society. e-society. The conference aims to address the main issues of concern within the Information Society. e-society.
- Montreal, IS-Core: Cognitive Research Exchange Workshop www
Montreal, Cognitive Research Exchange Workshop, Quebec, Canada, 9 December 2007. IS-Core: Cognitive Research Exchange Workshop.
- Münster University of Münster, Germany www
Münster School of Business Administration and Economics, Münster, Germany, Department of Information Systems University of Münster, Germany.
- Graduate UIUC -- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign www
Graduate School of Library and Information Science. UIUC -- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
- Published Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems www
Published by the Information Systems Group at Aalborg University, Journal of Information Systems, Denmark, each year in April and November. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems.
- publishing CAIS -- Communications of the AIS www
publishing articles on a wide range of subjects of interest to the membership beyond research results. Communications of the AIS. Editor: Paul Gray, Claremont Graduate University. CAIS -- Communications of the AIS.
- from Publication Guidelines: Nature of Topics www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol 19, Guidelines: Nature of Topics, No. 2. Publication Guidelines: Nature of Topics.
- from Publication Guidelines: Criteria www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol. Guidelines: Criteria. 20, No. 4. Publication Guidelines: Criteria.
- Operational Agile Bridge Building www
Operational level discussion of some of the problems associated with pattern based, Bridge Building, agile software, and extreme programming (XP) development philosophies Agile Bridge Building.
- A Platform Independent Computing www
A management overview and discussion of platform neutral, Independent Computing, browser-based applications. It covers advantages and disadvantage of using them, what they are, and what they are not. Platform Independent Computing.
- Management 12manage www
Management encyclopedia and business community discusses methods, 12manage, models and terms on organizations, finance, leadership, marketing and strategy. Also provides a management dictionary and other management resources. 12manage.
- Practical David Bowman's Information Management Checklist www
Practical time and cost saving suggestions for managers pressured to maximize return on information management investment, Bowman's Information Management Checklist, reduce costs, and deliver business intelligence solutions faster. David Bowman's Information Management Checklist.
- Alexa: Management Information Systems Management Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Management Information Systems Management Science
- DMOZ: Management Information Systems Management Science
dmoz.org Directory: Management Information Systems Management Science