This is a directory of sites that are related to academic scholarships in Management Information System (MIS). According to G. Davis and M. Olson in Management Information Systems (1984, p. 5-6): There is no consensus of the definition of the term "management information system". Some writers prefer alternative terminology such as "information processing system", "information and decision system", "organizational information system", or simply "information system" to refer to the computer-based information processing system which supports the operations, management, and decision-making functions of an organization [...]. A definition of a management information system, as the term is generally understood, is an integrated, user-machine system for providing information to support operations, management, and decision-making functions in an organization. Management Information Systems Management Science Management Business.
A management information system ( MIS ) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Management information system refers to the processing of information through computers and other intelligent devices to manage and support managerial decisions within an organization. The concept may include systems termed transaction processing system, decision support system, expert system, or executive information system. The term is often used in the academic study of businesses and has connections with other areas, such as information systems, information technology, informatics, e-commerce and computer science; as a result, the term is used interchangeably with some of these areas.
- Enterprise information system - An enterprise information system is any kind of information system which improves the functions of an enterprise business processes by integration.
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems - The Bachelor of Computer Information Systems is an undergraduate or bachelor's degree that focuses on practical applications of technology to support organizations while adding value to their offerings.
- Business intelligence - Business Intelligence comprises the set of strategies, processes, applications, data, technologies and technical architectures which are used by enterprises to support the collection, data analysis, presentation and dissemination of business information.
- Business performance management - Business performance management is a set of performance management and analytic processes that enables the management of an organization's performance to achieve one or more pre-selected goals.
- Business rule - A business rule is a rule that defines or constrains some aspect of business and always resolves to either true or false. Business rules are intended to assert business structure or to control or influence the behavior of the business.
- Corporate governance of information technology - Information and technology governance is a subset discipline of corporate governance, focused on information and technology and its performance and risk management.
- Decision support systems
- School-administration software
- Management systems
- Information systems
- Information technology management
- Website Information Management Research www
Website contains great information to enlighten users about various topics on Information Management in general and MIS in particular. Information Management Research.
- The Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS) www
The Midwest Association for Information (MWAIS) serves Association for Information Systems (AIS) members across the Midwest United States. Association for Information Systems (MWAIS). MWAIS serves the needs of Information Technology thought leaders in the U.S. Heartland. Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS).
- Visible Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies www
Visible Systems Australia are management consultants who can deliver on business requirements analysis and rapid deployment of Enterprise Architecture using proven methods and technologies. Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies.
- is AIS -- Association for Information Systems www
is a professional organization whose purpose is to serve as the premier global organization for academicians specializing in Information Systems. AIS -- Association for Information Systems.
- The SIM -- The Society for Information Management www
The international meeting place for IT executives around the world. SIM -- The Society for Information Management.
- Below Object Technology Curriculum Issues www
Below are responses received with regard to the four original questions of the survey on current status and future directions of OO curricula in schools of business. Technology Curriculum Issues. By Dr. Richard A. Johnson. Object Technology Curriculum Issues.
- The The Index of Information Systems Journals www
The aim of this publication is to provide basic information about, Index of Information Systems Journals, and links to, either paper or electronic journal web sites, and more particularly, to provide links to their instructions to authors information The Index of Information Systems Journals.
- Maintained 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey www
Maintained by Dennis Galletta. 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey.
- draws 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey www
draws on data collected throughout the year by internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses in Southern California as well as throughout the United States and Canada. 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey.
- A IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association www
A not-for-profit, Information Resources Management Association, vendor-independent, international professional organization dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information resources management in modern organizations. IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association.
- Dominance, Extended DISC www
Dominance, DISC, influence, submissive and compliance profiling tool for personnel management. Extended DISC.
- itQMS IT Quality Management Solutions www
itQMS provides solutions to help IT organization improve its processes, Quality Management Solutions, minimize system disturbances, reduce over-capacity and the total cost of ownership, while increasing overall availability and improving user and customer satisfaction. IT Quality Management Solutions.
- a IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing www
a non-governmental, International Federation for Information Processing, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing.
- Enterprise Auldenfire Group www
Enterprise Systems Architecture Laboratory providing resources to organizations interested in applying architectural frameworks. Group. Services offered include consulting, education, and curriculum development. Auldenfire Group.
- Forms Business Forms Management Association www
Forms central for the global forms and information systems community Business Forms Management Association.
- Discusses Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers www
Discusses models of the impact of Information Systems on the work of managers. Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers. Links to case study material from eight companies. Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers.
- Helping CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business www
Helping executives improve their management of Information Technology. CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business.
- A The bitter Network Administrator www
A website dedicated to IT Professional and some not so Professional. The bitter Network Administrator.
- Research The Journal of Virtual Environments www
Research articles, Journal of Virtual Environments, essays and comments about Virtual Environments. The Journal of Virtual Environments.
- Operations Interneer www
Operations management enterprise software focused on the utilities and engineering industries. Interneer. Demos, brochures, events, and product information. Interneer.
- Call IJCSIS: Computer Science and Information Security www
Call for Papers: A leading international journals for publishing novel ideas, Computer Science and Information Security, state-of-the-art research results and fundamental advances in all aspects of computer science and information & communication security. IJCSIS: Computer Science and Information Security.
- The International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems www
The International Journal of Electronics, Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems, Information and Systems (IJEIS) is an academic journal that adheres to the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars from anywhere in the world. International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems.
- Portland PICMET Conference www
Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology PICMET Conference.
- Las IABE -- International Academy of Business and Economics www
Las Vegas, International Academy of Business and Economics, October. IABE -- International Academy of Business and Economics.
- Information NRL -- Naval Research Laboratory www
Information Technology Division. NRL -- Naval Research Laboratory.
- Faculty University of Tasmania www
Faculty of Commerce and Law -- School of Information Systems. University of Tasmania.
- to ACIT -- Annals of Cases on Information Technology www
to provide effective understanding, Annals of Cases on Information Technology, solutions and lessons learned by of information systems applications, technology and resources. ACIT -- Annals of Cases on Information Technology.
- Strives EJISDC -- an Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries www
Strives to become the foremost international forum for practitioners, an Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries, teachers, researchers and policy makers to share their knowledge and experience in the design, development, implementation, management and evaluation of information systems and technologies in developing countries. EJISDC -- an Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries.
- an MISQ Central www
an electronic production of the peer reviewed scholarly journal, Central, MIS Quarterly. MISQ publishes research concerning both the management of information technology and the use of information technology for managerial and organizational purposes. MISQ Central.
- from Publication Guidelines: Criteria www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol. Guidelines: Criteria. 20, No. 4. Publication Guidelines: Criteria.
- by A Framework For MIS Effectiveness www
by Jamal Munshi, Framework For MIS Effectiveness, Sonoma State University. Academy of Business Administration, 1996 International Conference, July 10-17, Athens, Greece. A Framework For MIS Effectiveness.
- A Platform Independent Computing www
A management overview and discussion of platform neutral, Independent Computing, browser-based applications. It covers advantages and disadvantage of using them, what they are, and what they are not. Platform Independent Computing.
- A ThinkBig! www
A small business management program that gives tools for small businesses to grow. ThinkBig!.
- A Complex Society, UK www
A focal point for people in the UK interested in complex systems and complexity science, Society, UK, especially as applied to managing organisations. Complex Society, UK.
- Alexa: Management Information Systems Management Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Management Information Systems Management Science
- DMOZ: Management Information Systems Management Science
dmoz.org Directory: Management Information Systems Management Science