This is a directory of sites that are related to academic scholarships in Management Information System (MIS). According to G. Davis and M. Olson in Management Information Systems (1984, p. 5-6): There is no consensus of the definition of the term "management information system". Some writers prefer alternative terminology such as "information processing system", "information and decision system", "organizational information system", or simply "information system" to refer to the computer-based information processing system which supports the operations, management, and decision-making functions of an organization [...]. A definition of a management information system, as the term is generally understood, is an integrated, user-machine system for providing information to support operations, management, and decision-making functions in an organization. Management Information Systems Management Science Management Business.
A management information system ( MIS ) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Management information system refers to the processing of information through computers and other intelligent devices to manage and support managerial decisions within an organization. The concept may include systems termed transaction processing system, decision support system, expert system, or executive information system. The term is often used in the academic study of businesses and has connections with other areas, such as information systems, information technology, informatics, e-commerce and computer science; as a result, the term is used interchangeably with some of these fresh cut areas.
- Enterprise information system - An enterprise information system is any kind of information system which improves the functions of enterprise business processes by integration.
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems - The Bachelor of Computer Information Systems is an undergraduate or bachelor's degree that focuses on practical applications of technology to support organizations while adding value to their offerings.
- Business intelligence - Business Intelligence comprises the strategies and technologies used by enterprises for the data analysis of business information. BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations.
- Business performance management - Business performance management is a set of performance management and analytic processes that enables the management of an organization's performance to achieve one or more pre-selected goals.
- Business rule - A business rule is a rule that defines or constrains some aspect of business and always resolves to either true or false. Business rules are intended to assert business structure or to control or influence the behavior of the business.
- Corporate governance of information technology - Information and technology governance is a subset discipline of corporate governance, focused on information and technology and its performance and risk management.
- Decision support systems
- School-administration software
- Management systems
- Information systems
- Information technology management
- A The bitter Network Administrator www
A website dedicated to IT Professional and some not so Professional. The bitter Network Administrator.
- is AIS -- Association for Information Systems www
is a professional organization whose purpose is to serve as the premier global organization for academicians specializing in Information Systems. AIS -- Association for Information Systems.
- Enterprise Auldenfire Group www
Enterprise Systems Architecture Laboratory providing resources to organizations interested in applying architectural frameworks. Group. Services offered include consulting, education, and curriculum development. Auldenfire Group.
- Below Object Technology Curriculum Issues www
Below are responses received with regard to the four original questions of the survey on current status and future directions of OO curricula in schools of business. Technology Curriculum Issues. By Dr. Richard A. Johnson. Object Technology Curriculum Issues.
- The SIM -- The Society for Information Management www
The international meeting place for IT executives around the world. SIM -- The Society for Information Management.
- Forms Business Forms Management Association www
Forms central for the global forms and information systems community Business Forms Management Association.
- The Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS) www
The Midwest Association for Information (MWAIS) serves Association for Information Systems (AIS) members across the Midwest United States. Association for Information Systems (MWAIS). MWAIS serves the needs of Information Technology thought leaders in the U.S. Heartland. Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS).
- Dominance, Extended DISC www
Dominance, DISC, influence, submissive and compliance profiling tool for personnel management. Extended DISC.
- A IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association www
A not-for-profit, Information Resources Management Association, vendor-independent, international professional organization dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information resources management in modern organizations. IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association.
- Discusses Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers www
Discusses models of the impact of Information Systems on the work of managers. Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers. Links to case study material from eight companies. Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers.
- Website Information Management Research www
Website contains great information to enlighten users about various topics on Information Management in general and MIS in particular. Information Management Research.
- The The Index of Information Systems Journals www
The aim of this publication is to provide basic information about, Index of Information Systems Journals, and links to, either paper or electronic journal web sites, and more particularly, to provide links to their instructions to authors information The Index of Information Systems Journals.
- Maintained 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey www
Maintained by Dennis Galletta. 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey.
- draws 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey www
draws on data collected throughout the year by internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses in Southern California as well as throughout the United States and Canada. 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey.
- Visible Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies www
Visible Systems Australia are management consultants who can deliver on business requirements analysis and rapid deployment of Enterprise Architecture using proven methods and technologies. Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies.
- Research The Journal of Virtual Environments www
Research articles, Journal of Virtual Environments, essays and comments about Virtual Environments. The Journal of Virtual Environments.
- a IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing www
a non-governmental, International Federation for Information Processing, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing.
- Operations Interneer www
Operations management enterprise software focused on the utilities and engineering industries. Interneer. Demos, brochures, events, and product information. Interneer.
- itQMS IT Quality Management Solutions www
itQMS provides solutions to help IT organization improve its processes, Quality Management Solutions, minimize system disturbances, reduce over-capacity and the total cost of ownership, while increasing overall availability and improving user and customer satisfaction. IT Quality Management Solutions.
- Helping CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business www
Helping executives improve their management of Information Technology. CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business.
- The International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems www
The International Journal of Electronics, Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems, Information and Systems (IJEIS) is an academic journal that adheres to the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars from anywhere in the world. International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems.
- The e-society 2010 www
The IADIS e-Society 2010. 2010. Porto, Portugal, 18-21 March 2010. The conference aims to address the main issues of concern within the Information Society. e-society 2010.
- Fortaleza, SAC 2008: Track on Dependable and Adaptive Distributed Systems www
Fortaleza, 2008: Track on Dependable and Adaptive Distributed Systems, Ceara, Brazil, 16-20 March 2008. SAC 2008: Track on Dependable and Adaptive Distributed Systems.
- In ICDM: International Conference on Digital Information Management www
In London, International Conference on Digital Information Management, England in November. ICDM: International Conference on Digital Information Management.
- McIntire University of Virginia www
McIntire School of Commerce -- Center for the Management of Information Technology. University of Virginia.
- Department Mississippi State University www
Department of Management and Information Systems Mississippi State University.
- to JAIS -- Journal of the Association of Information Systems www
to publish rigorously researched, Journal of the Association of Information Systems, methodologically sound articles on all aspects of Information Systems. Editor: Phillip Ein-Dor, Tel-Aviv University. JAIS -- Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
- a Decision Sciences Journal www
a quarterly, Sciences Journal, professional journal that uses the latest computer technology, mathematical and statistical techniques, and behavioral science. Decision Sciences Journal.
- from Publication Guidelines: Criteria www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol. Guidelines: Criteria. 20, No. 4. Publication Guidelines: Criteria.
- from Publication Guidelines: Nature of Topics www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol 19, Guidelines: Nature of Topics, No. 2. Publication Guidelines: Nature of Topics.
- Article The Un-Methodology www
Article about managing software development. Un-Methodology. A gathering together and restating of some old ideas that may have "gone without saying" for too long. The Un-Methodology.
- by A Framework For MIS Effectiveness www
by Jamal Munshi, Framework For MIS Effectiveness, Sonoma State University. Academy of Business Administration, 1996 International Conference, July 10-17, Athens, Greece. A Framework For MIS Effectiveness.
- an Crisisnavigator www
an international Internet guide to crisis management, Crisisnavigator, crisis communications, issues management, risk management and disaster management. Crisisnavigator.
- The GT ISLIG -- Greater Toronto Information Systems Local Interest Group www
The preferred professional Information Systems/Information Technology Project Management supporting organization in Greater Toronto. GT ISLIG -- Greater Toronto Information Systems Local Interest Group.
- Alexa: Management Information Systems Management Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Management Information Systems Management Science
- DMOZ: Management Information Systems Management Science
dmoz.org Directory: Management Information Systems Management Science