This is a directory of sites that are related to academic scholarships in Management Information System (MIS). According to G. Davis and M. Olson in Management Information Systems (1984, p. 5-6): There is no consensus of the definition of the term "management information system". Some writers prefer alternative terminology such as "information processing system", "information and decision system", "organizational information system", or simply "information system" to refer to the computer-based information processing system which supports the operations, management, and decision-making functions of an organization [...]. A definition of a management information system, as the term is generally understood, is an integrated, user-machine system for providing information to support operations, management, and decision-making functions in an organization. Management Information Systems Management Science Management Business.
A management information system ( MIS ) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Management information system refers to the processing of information through computers and other intelligent devices to manage and support managerial decisions within an organization. The concepts include systems termed transaction processing system, decision support system, expert system, or executive information system. The term is often used in the academic study of businesses and has connections with other areas, such as information systems, information technology, informatics, e-commerce and computer science; as a result, the term is used interchangeably with some of these fresh cut areas.
- Enterprise information system - An enterprise information system is any kind of information system which improves the functions of enterprise business processes by integration.
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems - The Bachelor of Computer Information Systems is an undergraduate or bachelor's degree that focuses on practical applications of technology to support organizations while adding value to their offerings.
- Business intelligence - Business Intelligence comprises the strategies and technologies used by enterprises for the data analysis of business information. BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations.
- Business performance management - Business performance management is a set of performance management and analytic processes that enables the management of an organization's performance to achieve one or more pre-selected goals.
- Business rule - A business rule is a rule that defines or constrains some aspect of business and always resolves to either true or false. Business rules are intended to assert business structure or to control or influence the behavior of the business.
- Corporate governance of information technology - Information and technology governance is a subset discipline of corporate governance, focused on information and technology and its performance and risk management.
- School-administration software
- Decision support systems
- Management systems
- Information systems
- Information technology management
- Helping CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business www
Helping executives improve their management of Information Technology. CXO Advisor - Managing IT Like a Business.
- A IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association www
A not-for-profit, Information Resources Management Association, vendor-independent, international professional organization dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information resources management in modern organizations. IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association.
- Enterprise Auldenfire Group www
Enterprise Systems Architecture Laboratory providing resources to organizations interested in applying architectural frameworks. Group. Services offered include consulting, education, and curriculum development. Auldenfire Group.
- itQMS IT Quality Management Solutions www
itQMS provides solutions to help IT organization improve its processes, Quality Management Solutions, minimize system disturbances, reduce over-capacity and the total cost of ownership, while increasing overall availability and improving user and customer satisfaction. IT Quality Management Solutions.
- The The Index of Information Systems Journals www
The aim of this publication is to provide basic information about, Index of Information Systems Journals, and links to, either paper or electronic journal web sites, and more particularly, to provide links to their instructions to authors information The Index of Information Systems Journals.
- Discusses Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers www
Discusses models of the impact of Information Systems on the work of managers. Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers. Links to case study material from eight companies. Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers.
- Below Object Technology Curriculum Issues www
Below are responses received with regard to the four original questions of the survey on current status and future directions of OO curricula in schools of business. Technology Curriculum Issues. By Dr. Richard A. Johnson. Object Technology Curriculum Issues.
- draws 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey www
draws on data collected throughout the year by internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses in Southern California as well as throughout the United States and Canada. 2000 Mid Year IT Salary Survey.
- Dominance, Extended DISC www
Dominance, DISC, influence, submissive and compliance profiling tool for personnel management. Extended DISC.
- a IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing www
a non-governmental, International Federation for Information Processing, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing.
- A The bitter Network Administrator www
A website dedicated to IT Professional and some not so Professional. The bitter Network Administrator.
- Operations Interneer www
Operations management enterprise software focused on the utilities and engineering industries. Interneer. Demos, brochures, events, and product information. Interneer.
- The SIM -- The Society for Information Management www
The international meeting place for IT executives around the world. SIM -- The Society for Information Management.
- Forms Business Forms Management Association www
Forms central for the global forms and information systems community Business Forms Management Association.
- Visible Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies www
Visible Systems Australia are management consultants who can deliver on business requirements analysis and rapid deployment of Enterprise Architecture using proven methods and technologies. Business Architecture Alignment Integration Solutions and Strategies.
- Website Information Management Research www
Website contains great information to enlighten users about various topics on Information Management in general and MIS in particular. Information Management Research.
- Research The Journal of Virtual Environments www
Research articles, Journal of Virtual Environments, essays and comments about Virtual Environments. The Journal of Virtual Environments.
- is AIS -- Association for Information Systems www
is a professional organization whose purpose is to serve as the premier global organization for academicians specializing in Information Systems. AIS -- Association for Information Systems.
- The Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS) www
The Midwest Association for Information (MWAIS) serves Association for Information Systems (AIS) members across the Midwest United States. Association for Information Systems (MWAIS). MWAIS serves the needs of Information Technology thought leaders in the U.S. Heartland. Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS).
- Maintained 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey www
Maintained by Dennis Galletta. 2001 MIS Faculty Offer Survey.
- Call IJCSIS: Computer Science and Information Security www
Call for Papers: A leading international journals for publishing novel ideas, Computer Science and Information Security, state-of-the-art research results and fundamental advances in all aspects of computer science and information & communication security. IJCSIS: Computer Science and Information Security.
- Timisoara, IADIS International Conference WWW/Internet 2010 www
IADIS International Conference WWW/Internet 2010.
- Search Short Lead www
Search for meeting and event rates at key venues and in key locations across Australia and New Zealand. Short Lead.
- International IADIS CELDA www
International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age. IADIS CELDA.
- School Indiana University www
School of Library and Information Science. Indiana University.
- School UniSA -- University of South Australia www
School of Computer and Information Science. UniSA -- University of South Australia.
- Information Taylor & Francis Group www
Information and communications technology law. Taylor & Francis Group.
- Flagship IEEE -- Computer Magazine www
Flagship magazine of the IEEE Computer Society, Computer Magazine, where computing practitioners, managers, and researchers share experience, solve problems, and reach consensus about the state of technology. IEEE -- Computer Magazine.
- from Publication Guidelines: Criteria www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol. Guidelines: Criteria. 20, No. 4. Publication Guidelines: Criteria.
- from Publication Guidelines: What not to Submit www
from Editor's comment of MISQ Vol 19, Guidelines: What not to Submit, No. 4. Publication Guidelines: What not to Submit.
- Practical Reducing Dependence on Proprietary Systems www
Practical information for managers who wish to reduce their shop's dependence on a single proprietary technology or platform. Dependence on Proprietary Systems.By John Repici. Reducing Dependence on Proprietary Systems.
- by DSS -- A Brief History of Decision Support Systems www
by D. A Brief History of Decision Support Systems.J. Power. DSS -- A Brief History of Decision Support Systems.
- an Crisisnavigator www
an international Internet guide to crisis management, Crisisnavigator, crisis communications, issues management, risk management and disaster management. Crisisnavigator.
- The The Daily MBA www
The Daily MBA provides content that enriches the lives of managers. The Daily MBA.
- Alexa: Management Information Systems Management Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Management Information Systems Management Science
- DMOZ: Management Information Systems Management Science
dmoz.org Directory: Management Information Systems Management Science