Microform Imaging Information Technology Business.
Using the daguerreotype process, John Benjamin Dancer was one of the first to produce microphotographs, in 1839. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Microforms are scaled-down reproductions of documents, typically either films or paper, made for the purposes of transmission, storage, reading, and printing. Microform images are commonly reduced to about one twenty-fifth of the original document size. For special purposes, greater optical reductions may be used.
- Historical document s
- Microdot - A microdot is text or an image substantially reduced in size onto a small disc to prevent detection by unintended recipients.
- Microfilmer - A microfilmer is a machine used by the document management industry to create microfilm. These machines are also often called "imagers" in the industry.
- Microprinting - Microprinting is the production of recognizable patterns or characters in a printed medium at a scale that requires magnification to read with the naked eye. To the unaided eye, the text may appear as a solid line.
- Parts book - A parts book or parts catalogue or Illustrated part catalogue is a book published by manufacturers which contains the illustrations, part numbers and other relevant data for their products or parts thereof.
- Preservation (library and archival science) - Preservation refers to the set of activities that aims to prolong the life of a record and relevant metadata, or enhance its value, or improve access to it through non-interventive means. This includes actions taken to influence records creators prior to selection and acquisition.
- Library resources
- Storage media
- Film formats
- Canadian inventions
- Archival science
- Specialists Broward Microfilm www
Specialists in microfilm document imaging systems, Microfilm, hardware and services. Broward Microfilm.
- Selling Norman Ross Publishing Inc. www
Selling microforms, Ross Publishing Inc., microfilm, microfiche, reference books and CD-ROMs of newspapers and research materials from all over the world. Norman Ross Publishing Inc..
- Specializes ScanSmart www
Specializes in conversions from CANOFILE, ScanSmart, Docstar, microfilm, micro fiche, or paper to portable TIFF and PDF formats. ScanSmart.
- Supplies FUJIFILM Electronic Imaging Ltd www
Supplies electronic pre-press equipment and software open imaging systems. FUJIFILM Electronic Imaging Ltd.
- Alexa: Microform Imaging
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Microform Imaging
- DMOZ: Microform Imaging
dmoz.org Directory: Microform Imaging