Microform Imaging Information Technology Business.
Using the daguerreotype process, John Benjamin Dancer was one of the first to produce microphotographs, in 1839. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Microforms are scaled-down reproductions of documents, typically either films or paper, made for the purposes of transmission, storage, reading, and printing. Microform images are commonly reduced to about one twenty-fifth of the original document size. For special purposes, greater optical reductions may be used.
- Historical document s
- Microdot - A microdot is text or an image substantially reduced in size onto a small disc to prevent detection by unintended recipients.
- Microfilmer - A microfilmer is a machine used by the document management industry to create microfilm. These machines are also often called "imagers" in the industry.
- Microprinting - Microprinting is the production of recognizable patterns or characters in a printed medium at a scale that requires magnification to read with the naked eye. To the unaided eye, the text may appear as a solid line.
- Parts book - A parts book or parts catalogue or Illustrated part catalogue is a book published by manufacturers which contains the illustrations, part numbers and other relevant data for their products or parts thereof.
- Preservation (library and archival science) - Preservation refers to the set of activities that aims to prolong the life of a record with as little changes to the original record as possible. Relevant metadata, enhancement of cultural value, and improvement of access are also important for preservation.
- Library resources
- Storage media
- Film formats
- Canadian inventions
- Archival science
- Specialists Broward Microfilm www
Specialists in microfilm document imaging systems, Microfilm, hardware and services. Broward Microfilm.
- Selling Norman Ross Publishing Inc. www
Selling microforms, Ross Publishing Inc., microfilm, microfiche, reference books and CD-ROMs of newspapers and research materials from all over the world. Norman Ross Publishing Inc..
- Document Image Mentor www
Document imaging and management utilities, Mentor, resources and support. Image Mentor.
- Specializes KBM Group, Inc. www
Specializes in IT, Group, Inc., imaging, and micrographics, in addition to sales of computer and electronic data imaging hardware and software solutions. KBM Group, Inc..
- Alexa: Microform Imaging
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Microform Imaging
- DMOZ: Microform Imaging
dmoz.org Directory: Microform Imaging