The Information Services industry broadly includes those establishments that create, disseminate, or provide the means to distribute information. Specifically, the scope of this section includes companies that collect, retrieve, and deliver various types of information, including real-time data via online services, electronic transmission, the Internet, or other means. Information Services Business.
An information broker (or data broker ) collects information, often about individual people. The data is then sold to companies that use it to target advertising and marketing towards specific groups, to verify a person's identity including for purposes of fraud detection, and to sell to individuals and organizations so they can research particular individuals. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An information broker or data broker collects information about individuals from public records and private sources including census and change of address records, motor vehicle and driving records, user-contributed material to social networking sites, media and court reports, voter registration lists, consumer purchase histories, most-wanted lists and terrorist watch lists, bank card transaction records, health care authorities, and web browsing histories.
- Competitive intelligence - Competitive intelligence is the action of defining, gathering, analyzing, and distributing intelligence about products, customers, competitors, and any aspect of the environment needed to support executives and managers in strategic decision making for an organization.
- Microtargeting - Microtargeting is the use by political parties and election campaigns of direct marketing datamining techniques that involve predictive market segmentation.
- Narrowcasting - Narrowcasting has traditionally been understood as the dissemination of information to a narrow audience; not to the broader public at-large.
- Psychological warfare - Psychological warfare, or the basic aspects of modern psychological operations, have been known by many other names or terms, including MISO, Psy Ops, political warfare, "Hearts and Minds", and propaganda.
- Price discrimination - Price discrimination is a microeconomic pricing strategy where identical or largely similar goods or services are transacted at different prices by the same provider in different markets.
- Business occupations
- Business intelligence
- Provides The S2 Company www
Provides products and services for the military tactical intelligence field. The S2 Company.
- Provides Article Resource Association www
Provides free articles and content to print, Resource Association, online media and web sites. Article Resource Association.
- A Outsell, Inc. www
A research and advisory service focusing on information content strategy and use, Inc., serving a wide range of vendors, buyers, and users of information. Outsell, Inc..
- Offers Dow Jones Factiva www
Offers business and knowledge management solutions, Jones Factiva, and competitive intelligence. Provides web based global news and information management to help organisations improve decision-making. Dow Jones Factiva.
- Provides Current Analysis, Inc. www
Provides real-time industry intelligence and analysis with database, Analysis, Inc., messaging, and information delivery software. Current Analysis, Inc..
- Provides Interfax Information Services www
Provides financial, Information Services, political, and industry news and reports containing company profiles, market reports, and other analytical information for emerging markets in Europe and Asia. Interfax Information Services.
- Specializes Press-Cuttings.com www
Specializes in same day delivery of press cuttings from Scottish and United Kingdom print publications. Press-Cuttings.com. Includes details of services and testimonials. Press-Cuttings.com.
- UK Major Media www
UK media representative for travel and lifestyle publications. Major Media.
- Offers ISI Emerging Markets www
Offers solution for convenient access to emerging markets business intelligence, Emerging Markets, covering more than 80 emerging countries. ISI Emerging Markets.
- Offers Thomson Reuters www
Offers workflow solutions aimed at productivity. Reuters. Overview of sectors in finance, healthcare, media and science, with information for investors, careers, global office locator, headquartered in New York City. ( NYSE TRI, NASDAQ TRIN ) Thomson Reuters.
- Global Telvent www
Global information technology company specializes in real-time products, Telvent, services and integrated solutions to businesses, helping manage operations, processes and customer services. Telvent.
- Database The Dialog Corporation www
Database aggregator providing online-based information retrieval services to corporations and institutions. The Dialog Corporation.
- Product Information Today www
Product information and news for librarians and information industry professionals. Information Today.
- Global Researcha www
Global community of information professionals. Researcha. Resources include interviews, commentary, and reviews. Researcha.
- Provides United Media www
Provides electronic and print publishers political commentary, Media, editorial cartoons and comics. United Media.
- Business Institute for Business Technology www
Business consultancy specializing in personal efficiency, for Business Technology, office management, file management, and the flexible office. Institute for Business Technology.
- Provides Access Innovations, Inc. www
Provides database creation and support services, Innovations, Inc., include data capture and conversion, abstracting and indexing, thesaurus and taxonomy development, and related information management services. Access Innovations, Inc..
- An Just The Facts, Inc. www
An information search and retrieval research service for business, The Facts, Inc., acquisitions and competitive intelligence. Just The Facts, Inc..
- Information Bates Information Services www
Information broker specializing business information research. Bates Information Services.
- Works Unique Management Services, Inc. www
Works with libraries to recover overdue materials and monies. Unique Management Services, Inc..
- Not OCLC Online Computer Library Center www
Not for profit computer service and research organization whose systems help libraries locate, Online Computer Library Center, acquire, catalog, and lend library materials. OCLC Online Computer Library Center.
- Offer Catalina Marketing www
Offer services within behavior-based marketing and targeted advertising. Marketing. Located in St Petersburg, Florida, USA. Catalina Marketing.
- Expert Resolution Research www
Expert market research and analysis via CATI telephone surveys. Research. Customer satisfaction studies, executive recruitment, market share, attitude/opinion polls. Resolution Research.
- Provides KnowX www
Provides access to public records that assist in locating people, KnowX, running background checks, and researching real estate. KnowX.
- Public Nationwide Research & Consulting www
Public document retrieval services and bankruptcy filings database online. Nationwide Research & Consulting.
- Strategic Strategic Research Institute www
Strategic Research Institute's purpose is to ease the resource strain on private and public organizations in their quest to rapidly acquire vital knowledge from around the globe. Strategic Research Institute.
- Provides RocSearch www
Provides business research, RocSearch, market information services and analytics support. Based in London, United Kingdom, and Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. RocSearch.
- Alexa: Information Services Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Information Services Business
- DMOZ: Information Services Business
dmoz.org Directory: Information Services Business