The Information Services industry broadly includes those establishments that create, disseminate, or provide the means to distribute information. Specifically, the scope of this section includes companies that collect, retrieve, and deliver various types of information, including real-time data via online services, electronic transmission, the Internet, or other means. Information Services Business.
An information broker (or data broker ) collects information, often about individual people. The data is then sold to companies that use it to target advertising and marketing towards specific groups, to verify a person's identity including for purposes of fraud detection, and to sell to individuals and organizations so they can research particular individuals. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An information broker collects information about individuals from public records and private sources including census and change of address records, motor vehicle and driving records, user-contributed material to social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, media and court reports, voter registration lists, consumer purchase histories, most-wanted lists and terrorist watch lists, bank card transaction records, health care authorities, and web browsing histories.
- Competitive intelligence - Competitive intelligence is the action of defining, gathering, analyzing, and distributing intelligence about products, customers, competitors, and any aspect of the environment needed to support executives and managers in strategic decision making for an organization.
- Business occupations
- Business intelligence
- Provides Article Resource Association www
Provides free articles and content to print, Resource Association, online media and web sites. Article Resource Association.
- Global Researcha www
Global community of information professionals. Researcha. Resources include interviews, commentary, and reviews. Researcha.
- Offers Dow Jones Factiva www
Offers business and knowledge management solutions, Jones Factiva, and competitive intelligence. Provides web based global news and information management to help organisations improve decision-making. Dow Jones Factiva.
- A Outsell, Inc. www
A research and advisory service focusing on information content strategy and use, Inc., serving a wide range of vendors, buyers, and users of information. Outsell, Inc..
- Provides The S2 Company www
Provides products and services for the military tactical intelligence field. The S2 Company.
- Database The Dialog Corporation www
Database aggregator providing online-based information retrieval services to corporations and institutions. The Dialog Corporation.
- Product Information Today www
Product information and news for librarians and information industry professionals. Information Today.
- Provides Current Analysis, Inc. www
Provides real-time industry intelligence and analysis with database, Analysis, Inc., messaging, and information delivery software. Current Analysis, Inc..
- Specializes Press-Cuttings.com www
Specializes in same day delivery of press cuttings from Scottish and United Kingdom print publications. Press-Cuttings.com. Includes details of services and testimonials. Press-Cuttings.com.
- Provides Interfax Information Services www
Provides financial, Information Services, political, and industry news and reports containing company profiles, market reports, and other analytical information for emerging markets in Europe and Asia. Interfax Information Services.
- Offers Thomson Reuters www
Offers workflow solutions aimed at productivity. Reuters. Overview of sectors in finance, healthcare, media and science, with information for investors, careers, global office locator, headquartered in New York City. ( NYSE TRI, NASDAQ TRIN ) Thomson Reuters.
- Offers ISI Emerging Markets www
Offers solution for convenient access to emerging markets business intelligence, Emerging Markets, covering more than 80 emerging countries. ISI Emerging Markets.
- Provides United Media www
Provides electronic and print publishers political commentary, Media, editorial cartoons and comics. United Media.
- UK Major Media www
UK media representative for travel and lifestyle publications. Major Media.
- Global Telvent www
Global information technology company specializes in real-time products, Telvent, services and integrated solutions to businesses, helping manage operations, processes and customer services. Telvent.
- Business Institute for Business Technology www
Business consultancy specializing in personal efficiency, for Business Technology, office management, file management, and the flexible office. Institute for Business Technology.
- Consultant Blue Highways www
Consultant and librarian Karen Schneider specializes in Internet content filtering, Highways, and is a frequent speaker on topics of librarianship, technology and change. Blue Highways.
- German InfoBroker.de www
German information broker specializing in information about companies, InfoBroker.de, markets, industries, products, customers, top executives, countries and governments worldwide. InfoBroker.de.
- Information Bates Information Services www
Information broker specializing business information research. Bates Information Services.
- Not OCLC Online Computer Library Center www
Not for profit computer service and research organization whose systems help libraries locate, Online Computer Library Center, acquire, catalog, and lend library materials. OCLC Online Computer Library Center.
- Works Unique Management Services, Inc. www
Works with libraries to recover overdue materials and monies. Unique Management Services, Inc..
- A Context-Based Research Group www
A qualitative market research, Research Group, branding and human centered product design consulting firm. Context-Based Research Group.
- Provides Insights, Inc. www
Provides professional business development, Inc., consumer products and services analysis, strategic planning support, and internet market research. Insights, Inc..
- Telephone ICU Inc. www
Telephone and asset searches, Inc., background checks, pre-employment screening, theft investigations. ICU Inc..
- Services American Research Bureau www
Services include nationwide skip tracing and asset location, Research Bureau, background checks, and activity profiles. American Research Bureau.
- A Klaus Pildal Management www
A management consulting company that assists the European flexible packaging industry as well as the European PCB industry and related businesses. Klaus Pildal Management.
- A Boston Research & Communications, Inc. www
A qualitative research and analysis firm specializing in business, Research & Communications, Inc., market, industry, competitive, issues, public relations and policy research and analysis. Boston Research & Communications, Inc..
- Alexa: Information Services Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Information Services Business
- DMOZ: Information Services Business
dmoz.org Directory: Information Services Business