This section contains sites pertaining to the accounting profession. Accounting Business.
Accounting or accountancy is the measurement, processing and communication of financial information about economic entities. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Accounting or accountancy is the measurement, processing and communication of financial information about economic entities such as businesses and corporations. The modern field was established by the Italian mathematician Luca Pacioli in 1494. Accounting, which has been called the "language of business", measures the results of an organization's economic activities and conveys this information to a variety of users, including investors, creditors, management, and regulators. Practitioners of accounting are known as accountants. The terms "accounting" and "financial reporting" are often used as synonyms.
- Accounting Category
- Accounting records - Accounting records are key sources of information and evidence used to prepare, verify and/or audit the financial statements. They also include documentation to prove asset ownership for creation of liabilities and proof of monetary and non monetary transactions.
- Financial accounting
- Internal Revenue Service www
The IRS is the U. Revenue Service.S. government agency responsible for tax collection and tax law enforcement. Contains downloadable forms, instructions, and agency publications. It also includes "The Digital Daily," an almost-humorous online newspaper.
- The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board www
The PCAOB is a private-sector, Company Accounting Oversight Board, non-profit corporation, created by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, to oversee the auditors of U.S. public companies to protect the interests of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, fair, and independent audit reports. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Investigative U.S. Government Accountability Office www
Investigative arm of Congress charged with examining matters relating to the receipt and payment of public funds. U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- Offers Brockman, Coats, Gedelian & Co. www
Offers a full complement of business services in accounting, Coats, Gedelian & Co., auditing, and taxation; business planning and consulting; and computer management services. Brockman, Coats, Gedelian & Co..
- Helps AZahran Accounting and Payroll Services www
Helps small business with financial needs such as accounting, Accounting and Payroll Services, payroll, budgeting and taxes. AZahran Accounting and Payroll Services.
- Resource-based SmartPros www
Resource-based accounting site with articles, SmartPros, industry news, student study guides, and a directory of firms, associations, and journals. SmartPros.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board www
The designated private sector organization in the U. Accounting Standards Board.S. that establishes financial accounting and reporting standards. FASB standards are recognized as authoritative by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- Copies EDGAR Database of Online Corporate Financial Information www
Copies of forms 10-K and other filings with the U. Database of Online Corporate Financial Information.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Forms are posted to the site 24 hours after the filing date. EDGAR Database of Online Corporate Financial Information.
- Tax Victoria Majors Jones, CPA www
Tax and accounting information provided as well as services offered for all of San Diego County. Victoria Majors Jones, CPA.
- Provides Mortar Management Inc. www
Provides accounting services for small clients, Management Inc., as well as corporate tax issues and dealing with Revenue Canada. Located in Calgary, AB. Mortar Management Inc..
- Working Governmental Accounting Standards Board www
Working to establish and improve standards of US state and local governmental accounting and financial reporting that will result in useful information for users of financial reports. Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
- Offers Cindy Noelk www
Offers small to mid-size businesses help in QuickBooks setup, Noelk, office organization, bill paying, accounts receivable, invoices and financial reports. Based in Port Saint Lucie, FL. Cindy Noelk.
- Professional Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) www
Professional worldwide organization for chartered certified accountants. Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Works Florida Institute of CPAs www
Works to advance the accounting profession in Florida. Institute of CPAs. Includes information for the general public and for accounting professionals. Florida Institute of CPAs.
- Online CFOdirect Network www
Online resource for senior financial executives. CFOdirect Network.
- Email AECM-L www
Email discussion list devoted to "Accounting Education Using Computers and Multimedia. AECM-L." AECM-L.
- Offers Accountants Education Group www
Offers self-study courses with online grading and customer support. Accountants Education Group.
- Provides Western CPE www
Provides instructional conferences at exciting resort locations, CPE, as well as in-house and self-study materials. Sponsored by the University of Montana School of Business Administration. Western CPE.
- A Accounting Dictionary and Financial Terms www
A plain language accounting dictionary for the student and small business professional. Accounting Dictionary and Financial Terms.
- Indexed Accounting Terminology Guide www
Indexed glossary of accounting terms from the New York State Society of CPA's. Accounting Terminology Guide.
- Class Managerial Accounting Fundamentals www
Class web site for Managerial Accounting Fundamentals at San Diego State University. Accounting Fundamentals. It contains past examinations, and outlines for the course using the Hilton 4th ed. textbook. Managerial Accounting Fundamentals.
- Contains Financial Accounting Study Material www
Contains material on various financial accounting topics, Accounting Study Material, including some intermediate topics such as foreign currencies, affiliate companies. Financial Accounting Study Material.
- Recruiter Connect Resources www
Recruiter in Hudsonville, Resources, Michigan, specializing in the placement of finance and accounting professionals for direct hire, interim roles, or contract based needs. Connect Resources.
- Provides Accounting-Resumes.net www
Provides resume writing and career advice for those pursuing careers in accounting. Accounting-Resumes.net.
- Alexa: Accounting Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Accounting Business
- DMOZ: Accounting Business
dmoz.org Directory: Accounting Business